AA and mono-spaced fonts

I'v been using task-anti-aliasing for a while now and everything looks
wonderful, except evena fter isntalling all the fonts I can I still only seem
to have 2 mono-spaced fonts, courier 10-pitch and Nimbus mono L.  I rather
like Nimbus mono, and for the most part these two fonts are fine, but there
is a rather large expception to that for the most part, Konsole.  Normal
usage is fine if I use the right size of courier, but if I try to use dselect
or it seems any other ncurses based program, the window gets a bit messed up
and characters display all over in random places and text will display
through from different session, all in all its possible to work but very
annoying, completely defeating the point of anit-aliasing in the first place.

I would be perfectly happy with either of two solutions: more mono-spaced
fonts that actually workw ith Konsole, or some way of turning AA off for
Konsole only and using my old bitmapped fonts for it.

Ideas?

thanks,

-Dan