Re: Problems with KDE on Debian/PPC.

> > > I've filed a bug report (debian bug #94676) against libqt2-gl, but I
> > > think it's more of an error with KDE than with QT in this case, although
> > > i could be wrong.
> >
> > why do you thing it's kde's fault that the qt library when linked to the
> > opengl libs does not properly link to libgcc?
>
> I don't really understand what you're saying here. Then again, my post wasn't
> very well thought through either. Let me rephrase myself, I have no idea what
> the problem might be, but it's obviously something with QT or KDE, and occurs
> on PPC :)

you said in your first message that you "think it's more of an error with KDE
than with QT"...and my response was why do you think it's a KDE problem when
it's the qt library that's bitching?  The pure_virtual problem is caused by
shared libraries that do not link properly to libgcc.  For some reason when
qt is built with opengl support it fails to link to libgcc properly.  I think
I have solved this however until it's built on all archs I won't know for
sure.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II