Re: task-anti-aliasing

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 08:53:33PM -0600, David Bishop wrote:

> I figured that "task" package would consist soley of the documention that it

boy you are really off base here when it comes to tasks.  If it soley contains
documentation then it wouldn't be a task.  it would be a -doc package.

> installs into /usr/share/doc.  So someone installing task-anti-aliasing would
> get a nice large "LOOK IN /USR/SHARE/DOC" and the really nice, step-by-step
> howtos and whatnot that you included.  Then, if they said that they installed

it does this.

> the package and it didn't make things automatically look nicer, you could
> flame them to hell and gone for being dumb :-)  At least, that was *my* take.
> Having it install something else (xfs-xtt in this case) just makes it look
> like it *is* an, apt-get install and walk-away sorta routine.

well...anyone who does that should be slapped.  Really...I mean looking at
the description and the debconf note as well as the documentation that comes
with the package one should be committed for thinking that.

 A metapackage containing dependencies for packages which are required or
 recommended for a Anti-Aliased environment.
 .
 This package also contains example configuration files and howto's to aid
 in configuration of your AA environment.

the description alone does not say it configures everything for you.

and then...at the top of the README file that comes with the package:

  "For starters...this package does not create a AA environment for you."

but of course I guess you would actually have to take a look at the package
first before you would know this.

--
Ivan E. Moore II