Re: kde startup problem

Ivan E. Moore II writes:

 > you don't...it doesn't exist...it's a WARNING...KDE will always look for
 > a .la file when running apps...

oh.  ok.  thanks.

 > hmmm...boy this sounds familiar.  I'm almost willing to bet your
 > suffering from the same problems as everyone has been discussing on
 > this list for a while now.
 >
 > try downgrading your libfreetype6 package.

I will be glad to try this, for grins and all, but not right now.

I did the following command:

bash-2.04$ pwd
/home/rob/.kde
bash-2.04$ find . | xargs grep -i alias | less

which returned "true" where both of these lines now have "false" in
them.

./share/config/kdeglobals:AntiAliasing=false
./share/config/konquerorrc:Antialiasing=false

I changed them to false by hand, restarted X, and all is better now.

rob