Re: Mirroring kde.debian.net--OT--rsync

On Wednesday 07 March 2001 22:03, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> Jesse Goerz wrote:
> >> May I know what the SRC parameter is (for rsync-ing that site)?
> >
> > rsync -v -v -az --dry-run --delete --delete-excluded \
> >    --exclude source/ \
> >    --exclude incoming/ \
> >    --exclude changes/ \
> >    --exclude qt1apps/ \
> >    --exclude sword/ \
> >    --exclude binary-alpha/ \
> >    --exclude binary-m68k/ \
> >    --exclude binary-sparc/ \
> >    --exclude binary-powerpc/ \
> >    --exclude "kde-i18n*" \
> >    kde.tdyc.com::kde/dists/potato/ .
>
> Thank you! So, the module name is "kde" and therefore I put
>          RSYNC_CMD=kde.tdyc.com::kde/
> into my script ( See also http://vlsm.org/bin/sedot.gz )
>
> > http://eunuchs.org/linux/rsync/
>
> Thank you again! Unfortunately, I still can not figure
> out on how to find the module names (e.g. "kde") of an
> rsync server :-(. Any hints?

It should just be:
rsync some.site.org::

Note the double ":" at the end.  For instance running it against
www.debian.org will give you this:

jesse@mymachine:~/cop2220$ rsync www.debian.org::
web.debian.org  Debian Web Site

The actual module is the first part.  The second part is a description.  Then
you just run your script using --dry-run and inspect the output.  I like to
redirect it to a file, then figure out what I want and what I don't want.
I'm not sure if I totally understand the module thing myself.  I'm
considering setting up an rsync server on my lan and experimenting.  That's
probably the best way to learn anyway (man rsyncd.conf).

HTH,
Jesse