unmet dependencies installing kde 2.1 on Potato

After doing an apt-get update & apt-get upgrade I found I had several packages held back.
These were:
kdebase
kdebase-libs
konkeror
konsole
ktalkd

They all have a dependency problem with kdebase-libs which is not installable becase:

root@tramontana:~# apt-get install kdebase-libs
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done

blah, blah, blah...

  kdebase-libs: Depends: libsasl7 but it is not installable
  E: Sorry, broken packages

root@tramontana:~# apt-get install libsasl7
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libsasl7 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package libsasl7 has no installation candidate

What's this about? What is libsasl7? Anybody else experiencing this?
--
Daniel de los Reyes