KICQ: Qt libraries not found

Package:  libqt2.2-dev
Severity: normal
Version:  2:2.2.3-0.potato4
Synopsis: KICQ: Qt libraries not found
Class:    support

System: Linux 2.4.1-pugelist0 i686 unknown
C library: C library 2.2.1-1
C compiler: 2.95.3

When trying to compile KICQ-2.0.0b1 (beta source snapshot from
SourceForge), configure fails.  The last line after running ./configure
shows:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.0 Beta2) (libraries)
not found. Please check your installation!

tail -25 config.log in that sourcetree shows:

conftest.C:20: warning: unused variable `int magnolia'
conftest.C:15: warning: unused variable `class QStringList * t'
configure: failed program was:
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <qglobal.h>
#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qapp.h>
#include <qobjcoll.h>
#include <qevent.h>
#include <qstring.h>
#include <qstyle.h>
#include <qiconview.h>
#if ! (QT_VERSION >= 220)
#error 1
#endif

int main() {
    QStringList *t = new QStringList();
    QIconView iv(0);
    iv.setWordWrapIconText(false);
    QString s;
    s.setLatin1("Elvis is alive", 14);
    int magnolia = QEvent::Speech; /* new in 2.2 beta2 */
    return 0;
}

I have kdelibs3-dev and libqt2.2-dev installed, and all of the header
files in the above include list appear to exist, but the compilation
fails.  Is this a problem with the configure script, or do the -dev
packages not include everything they need to include?

Please CC me on any replies, as I am not subscribed to this list.

--
-=|JP|=-    "This space intentionally left blank."
Jon Pennington          | Debian 2.4                 -o)