KDE fails to load : libkdecore.so.3

Hello all.
I have been running kde2.01 on debian 2.2 for about two weeks when I suddenly got an error when trying to load it. A few apps (eg ksplash) return an error of "libkdecore.so.3 failed to load: cannot find symbol.."(or something like that) and then gave a long name that had the word button in it. I had just installed licq before this, but when uninstalled it still did not work. I have already reinstalled kdelibs3, kdebase and kdebase-libs but that hasn't worked. Anybody know what happened, and most importantly how to fix it? It wouldbe great if you could respond to me directly,
Thanks,
Kyle Parfrey