Re: new packages

Am Tuesday 30 January 2001 09:23 schrieb Ivan E. Moore II:

> What I want to know is:
>
>     Can I (eventually) build the main qt package with XFT support and
> through configuration options not have it use the features?  I mean it's
> currently incomplete right now, but some people want to play with it...it
> would be nice if one could toggle something in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or
> /etc/X11/XftConfig that would turn it on or off.  (I'm assuming there is a
> way...I just haven't gone looking for it).
>
> Ivan

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero@redhat.de>
from Red Hat wanted to add a switch to turn xft
support on or off in kde if qt was compiled with
xft support, but I don't know if it was applied to the
KDE source.

For XF86Config-4 this may help, enter it in the module section,
to disable a particuliar extension of the extmod module.
(The extmod module contains extensions like XFree86-DGA
 and Shape)

SubSection "extmod"
   Option  "omit XFree86-Render"
EndSubSection

I'm not sure what the name of the xft render extension is.

--
WfG, Chris