package names for .deb files

Hi,

I'm trying to install kde on my system (running potato) using apt-get.
According to the install manual at kde.org, the names of the tar
packages are kdebase, kdesupport, kdelibs, etc. So I tried those names
with apt-get. I have discovered so far that to get the libraries one
must write:

            apt-get install kde-libs.

(i.e. there's a hyphen that's not mentioned in the manual.) I have
successfully installed these libraries, and I'm now working on kdebase,
which also seems to be working, but what are the names of the other
packages? I've tried apt-get install kdeutils for example and I'm told
there's no target candidate. I'm given names of other packages that
replace these names, but the list is long. Aren't they consolidated
somewhere in a fashion similar to the tar files?

Thanks

Tim