Re: kdebase and kfind conflict

You can install two or more debs that contain same files with the
following:
dpkg -i --force-overwrite kfind_2.0.1-2.deb

Assuming you have downloaded it, it will be in /var/cache/apt/archives
if you used apt-get, if not just cd to where you have the deb.

You might try this as well dpkg --force-help
to get an idea, of course man dpkg explains it as well.

Multiple packages containing same files has been noted as a packaging
bug, so you shouldn't need --force-overwrite normally, but it allows
you to get around the problem for now.

Good luck

Gordon Sadler