Re: KDE2 on potato installation problems ...

El Jue 30 Nov 2000 23:19, Bruno BEAUFILS escribió:

>and when I try to do apt-get install task-kde, I get :
>
>Reading Package Lists... Done
>Building Dependency Tree... Done
>Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>or been moved out of Incoming.
>
>Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
>the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
>that package should be filed.
>The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
>Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>  task-kde: Depends: libqt2.2 but it is not going to be installed
>            Depends: kdelibs3 but it is not going to be installed
>            Depends: kdebase (>= 4:2.0-final-13) but it is not going to be
> installed Depends: kdebase-libs (>= 4:2.0-final-13) but it is not going to
> be installed Depends: libkonq3 (>= 4:2.0-final-13) but it is not going to
> be installed Depends: konqueror (>= 4:2.0-final-13) but it is not going to
> be installed Depends: konsole (>= 4:2.0-final-13) but it is not going to be
> installed Depends: task-kdegraphics but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: task-kdeutils but it is not going to be installed Depends:
> task-koffice but it is not going to be installed Depends: task-kdepim but
> it is not going to be installed Depends: task-kdegames but it is not going
> to be installed Depends: task-kdetoys but it is not going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
>Did I miss something ?

 I do not know. I have the same problem, and with other metapackages not
related to KDE, like task-spanish. This seems to happen with systems where
KDE is installed for the first time. I mean if you have installed KDE before
and removed it (not purged) it works. You may solve that saying

apt-get install kdebase

and then

apt-get install task-kdegraphics
apt-get install task-kdetoys