KDE install on potato - still helpless newbie

Hi all,

After all the advice I got from this list, I still have problems
installing KDE. I have fresh potato stable nothing fancy. I tried to
install KDE2 from a local dir (after I downloaded all the packages at
work), got "broken packages" message. So, I went back to the basics,
back to apt-get. Here is what I did:

Tigger:~# apt-get update

I got this:

Get:1 ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/main Packages [37.8kB]
Get:2 ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/main Release [76B]

Get:3 ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/crypto Packages [806B]
Get:4 ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/crypto Release [78B]

Get:5 ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/optional Packages [5624B]

Get:6 ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/optional Release

Ign ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de potato/optional Release

Fetched 44.4kB in 42s (1056B/s)

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done

Then I did this:

Tigger:~# apt-get install task-kde kdebase

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  kdebase: Depends: kdebase-libs (>= 4:2.1.1-0) but it is not going to
be installed
           Depends: kdelibs3 (>= 4:2.1.1-0) but it is not going to be
installed
Depends: kcharselect but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kdepasswd but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kdf but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kedit but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kfind but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: khexedit but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kjots but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: knotes but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kpm but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: ktimemon but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: koffice-libs but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kchart but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kword but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kspread but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: killustrator but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kpresenter but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: koshell but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kivio but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: pixie but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kpaint but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kiconedit but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: klisa but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

My sources.list file:
_______________
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
# deb file:/data/KDE2.1_debs ./
#deb ftp://ftp.linux.ee/pub/kde.tdyc.com/debian/ potato main crypto
optional

deb ftp://ftp.wh9.tu-dresden.de/pub/linux/debian-stuff/KDE2 potato main
crypto optional

#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
# deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r2 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20001207)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

I tried 2-3 mirrors from kde.debian.net, and got the same messages...
What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance   Viktor