KDE2 on a vnc-server? - not working!

Hello,

I have got a big problem running KDE2 on a network-only machine.

When I start KDE, a kdeinit-process (the one starting kcminit) eats up all
my cpu-time and nothing more happens.

After killing this one, the startup continues and everything seems to run
fine, but only until I descide to run konqueror and type any character
into the URL-Input-field.

Then, another kdeinit-process (the one running konqueror) also eats up
100% cpu-time until I also kill this one.

Other applications are working fine.

The PC I am using is a K6-2-400 without any graphic- or sound-card
running potato, kernel V2.4.0-test9 completely on a reiserfs-partition.

I installed the latest kde2 - packages available this morning (kdebase
..potato.7, kdelibs..potato.9 konqueror..potato.7) but I think this
doesn't matter because I have tried any version for about 2 weeks :)

Any suggestions?
I will do nearly anything to get this running :)

Thanks,
Lars