Re: Clojure team or maintainence within pkg-java?

Ludovic Claude <ludovic.claude@laposte.net> writes:

> I don't know much about Closure or Leiningen, but lots about Maven.
> As Leiningen is built on Maven, it would make sense to reuse and adapt
> what has been done in the maven-repo-helper and maven-debian-helper
> packages.

Maybe in the future. But right now nobody is talking about packaging
anything that uses Leiningen; we are talking about packaging Leiningen
itself. So I don't really see how this is relevant; maybe I'm missing
something?

> In particular, there is a Sonatype project - Polyglot Maven - which aims
> to allow users to write POM files into their own language. The Closure
> version looks very much like what is in Leiningen
> (http://polyglot.sonatype.org/clojure.html), so I hope that they are
> compatible and that we could use more libraries from Maven to read those
> files and adapt them to our needs.

The Polyglot Maven format is based on defproject from Leiningen, but
nobody really uses it from what I can tell. I believe its original
authors have ceased work on it, at least for the Clojure variant. It
would probably be easier to just make tweaks to Leiningen itself to
respect the Debian /usr/share/maven-repo repository if at some time in
the future we want to package Clojure applications or libraries. The
similarity between Polyglot Maven and Leiningen is mostly superficial;
configuration can only be shared in the most trivial of cases.

-Phil