Re: Backporting Eclipse

On 2011-09-26 17:07, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I'm trying to backport Eclipse from experimental to a squeeze-based
> distribution.  I would like to relax the build dependencies for Lucene,
> but this appears to be problematic.  Currently, I get this error:
>
> [symlinkOSGiJars] Export-Package attributes do not match for org.apache.lucene.analysis
>
> I would appreciate pointers why OSGi is doing this, and how I can
> disable those hash-based checks.  (I assume that minor Lucene versions
> are actually binary-compatible.)  This OSGi behavior is reminiscent
> of bootloaders which verify digital signatures. 8-/

Hi,

Personally I would wait a bit till eclipse 3.7[1] actually reaches
testing (that is an upload to sid + 10 days of wait or so), as there are
some issues with the experimental version as I recall... but I could be
wrong here.

That being said - that line is only a warning as I recall, so that
cannot be reason for a failure.  Also, this is not OSGi, but
eclipse-build's OSGi checker that emits this warning.

~Niels

PS: You may need to backport asm3 3.3 as well.

[1] Truth be told, I probably wouldn't backport eclipse 3.7 to a Squeeze
based system at all...