Re: RFS: libjava-gnome-java (updated package)

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 12:50 +0100, Guillaume Mazoyer wrote:
> > OK. Thanks for the explanation. Could you write this patch ?
> Sure.
>
> The only thing I'm concerned about is that if I wrote the patch then the
> package will build in *experimental* but it will not in *unstable*. The
> API break that libnotify brings was introduced in the 0.7.0 version.
>
> So here is 2 questions:
>   * Does this package really need to be built in experimental since it
> build in unstable?
Regarding the dependencies that you set:
libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.22) (http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gtk+2.0.html) &
libcairo2-dev (>= 1.10) (http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/cairo.html)
it implies Debian experimental.

Anyway, since we are close to Squeeze release, we prefer to upload new
upstream release into experimental in case we have to made changes in
the package in unstable/testing.

>   * Is it a good idea to introduce an API break by patching a package?
Well, no but do you have any other way ?

(you will have to check reverse dependencies on java-gnome to make sure
they are not touched by this change).

Sylvestre