Re: openfire debian package

On Wed Jun 18 22:25, Yann Rouillard wrote:
> Thanks for your answers and advices.
>
> I began to work on packaging jars used by openfire to be able to remove
> them for the openfire package.
>
> I began with jdmns, jstun and shaj for which I opened ITP bug [1] [2] [3].
>
> It would be great if you could you review these packages, so I have some
> feedback before I work on the remaining ones.

No problem, here are some comments.

First of all I'll say the packages are nice and clean and look generally
in good shape.

Next some licence quibbles:

shaj:
   The apache 2.0 and GPLv2 are not compatible[0]. Your packaging will
   have to be licenced under a compatible licence. Apache 2.0 is good
   (everything under the same licence) as is MIT/X11/expat. GPLv3 would
   also work.

jstun:
   The package is licenced under either Apache 2.0 or GPLv2. Ideally
   both would be listed in debian/copyright, but if not you must make
   the packaging and upstream licences compatible (see above).

jmdns:
   See the shaj comments on packaging/upstream licences. Also, I notice
   the headers of some files (src/javax/jmdns/impl/tasks/*java) says:

      //Copyright 2003-2005 Arthur van Hoff, Rick Blair
      //Licensed under Apache License version 2.0
      //Original license LGPL

   Was the relicencing done by the original authors? I don't think you
   can relicence an LGPL program to apache unless you are the original
   author.

Other than that, they build and are lintian clean and they install.

However, I notice that libshaj-java does not depend on libshaj-jni. I
assume it should do?

Matt

0. http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

--