maven2 for Debian

Hello list,

I wrote about this already in my blog (syndicated on
planet.classpath.org and planet.debian.org). But people might not read
this so I repeat it here too. (I should have announced it here from the
beginning).

I have built a preliminary Debian packages for Maven 2 for people who
need it or wanna look into Maven. I did this by using the binary
distribution from upstream. You can install it by adding

deb http://people.debian.org/~mkoch/maven2/ ./

to your sources.list and then do

aptitude update
aptitude install maven2-binary

This package is just for personal usage. It will not get uploaded to the
official Debian archive. The Debian Java team (including me) is working
on a maven2 package for Debian which builds from source but has itself
around 90 dependencies. And the dependencies mostly need maven2 for
building too. Bootstrapping can be fun.

Cheers,
Michael
--