Getting Kaffe into testing, was Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.3-0.2 (powerpc source)

Dalibor Topic wrote:

For other platforms, we essentially need more developers native on those platforms to look into the compiler warnings, and fix them (easy step one, I guess), and try to fix the crashes (using a prebuilt rt.jar, and running the regression test suite, for example).

Let's assume for a moment that sarge will be released in a couple of months: What about uploading a new Kaffe package with "Architecture: i386 powerpc"? It will probably move to testing soon so I hopoe that jikes and some other Java packages in main will follow. After Kaffe is in testing, we can re-upload the package for all architectures and try to fix these problems. This would however mean that the old 1.0.7 version will be lost for the other architectures. Objections? Better suggestions?

Stefan