Re: java-package conflicts with eclipse?

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 23:59 +0100, spam2004@meeque.de wrote:
> Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:
> > I recently discovered java-package, and used it to build a local JRE
> > package from Sun's j2re 1.4.2_06.  After installing it, Eclipse
> > consistently crashes whenever I try to save any file.  If I remove the
> > Debian-generated package and use Sun package alone, Eclipse is fine.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced anything like this?
>
> I've been using java-package for some time already and today I build and
> installed a new package based on j2sdk 1.4.2_06. I'm using the Eclipse
> 2.1 packeges from debian, and did not experience any problems so far.
>
> Not very helpful. But did you already try the same with the j2sdk
> instead of the j2re. That might narrow the problem.

Actually, it was somewhat helpful.  After a lot of digging around, I
discovered that I had four Java runtimes installed - an old Blackdown
release, Sun j2re 1.4.2, Sun j2sdk 1.4.2_06, and GCJ 3.4.  Removing all
of them but GCJ and the Sun j2sdk fixed the problem.

Thanks,
-Jonathan