Re: Sparc java ?

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 09:30, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 01:41:22 -0500, Grzegorz B. Prokopski
> <gadek@debian.org> wrote:
> > java-related development (2 of my courses this term require a lot of
> > java programming) I simply use SableVM and free-java-sdk package
> > that provides me SDK-like environment but with free tools only.
>
> Thx for the info  :)
>
> I'm trying to "breath some life" back into SUn Ultra 10s for a client

We also have 4 U10 around here, some of them running Linux.

> -- BUT they want/need to use Open Xchange - which requires Tomcat
> (which requires java.)
> The software requirements for some applications are vicious  LOL  =)

If it's only Tomcat, it's not too bad.

> SableVM looks very nice, I had not seen it before.  Would you say it
> is a drop-in replacement

No free java is a drop-in replacement for Sun's java, but...

> which *could* support Tomcat ?

Yes, it could.  Actually we had a Tomcat installation ran by a
commercial user.  It was possible w/o any tweaks that are not part of
mainline by now.

*IF* you had any troubles, please join & use SableVM-user mailing list

	http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-user/

and report to BTS at http://sablevm.org/bugs to let me/us know what does
not work.  I am definitely interested in getting Tomcat to work with
SableVM out-of-the-box if it didn't work already.

HTH

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski

PS: Since you're running Tomcat, you might also want to take at

	http://sablevm.org/wiki/LicenseFAQ
--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski           <gadek@sablevm.org>
SableVM - Free, LGPL'ed Java VM  http://sablevm.org