Re: What's the plan for Eclipse 3?

Hallo David,

* David Goodenough wrote:
>I seem to recall that there were thought to be problems with some of the
>directory structure that Debian packaging for Eclipse 2 was using, but I have
>heard nothing recently.

No there are not, as far as I can tell. My fist shot was to package
eclipse3 to /usr/{share,lib}/eclipse3/, so it can be installed next to
eclipse2. The only problems are with the new additional "sites" in
/usr/local, as eclipse still relies on the eclipse/{plugins,features}/
layout of this additional sites. I'm not sure whether this has changed
with the latest changes to the update manager API

I have now orphaned the package, so its up to somebody to pick it up. I
will be around on ths ML for a while, if there are any questions.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."