Re: Problem with Ant editor in eclipse

Hallo Arnaud,

* Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>Done. But Jan, before asking for a sponsor, please, take the advises
>more seriously! I told you about the two or three problems I got
>building eclipse on powerpc (FTBFS). And when I did download eclipse, it
>did exactly the same thing! You did not change anything from my
>recommendations. I've been obliged to download eclipse on a x86,
>building it and then re-download the result to sign it and upload it!

Sorry that this went so bad.

For the problem with the SAXException I can do a workaround, but the
real fix must come in the ant package.

For the other bugs you reported (s/i386/powerpc/): I can't see that
being a problem. It sould not be the source of any build problem.
Changing it without changing it on other places (including java source
code) will break eclipse and the easier solution is simple keeping
'i386' on all linux platforms.

AFAIR I sent a mail to you to add '-v' to the ant calls to get more
verbose output to see the real problem.

I'm preparing a new eclipse version, which supports setting a debug
flag, so that ant produces verbose output. This version will also have
the workaround for the ant problem. I will drop you mail and I hope
you are still willing to do some testing then. The upload will be done
until tomorrow morning.

>By the way, Eclipse MUST be available on powerpc and ATM, it's not in
>Debian!

I feel the same, but unfortunatelly I don't have a powerpc arround to
test the build. I don't even have a 1.3 JDK anymore, as the sun one
doesn't work here anymore :(

Sorry again for the bad communications and my neglection to fix this
bugs.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net