Re: [Fwd: Re: [architecture] Re: JPackages and ObjectWeb]

Hallo Jan,

* Jan Schulz wrote:
>>``Make specifying the build classpath easy using either command line
>>switches of property files (and document it).''
>>currently we use `export CLASSPATH', how does this fit in? Note that a
>>build.xml using only properties cannot easily be used with our
>>`build-classpath' script.
>I think it means that you should NOT use hardcoded path, but expose
>such path to the buildscripts options.

And after reading it again, it should also mean, that you shouldn't
use such a thing:

--8<---------:- snip -:---------8<---------:- snip -:---------8<--
[...]
export CLASSPATH="$HOME/project/name1.jar:$HOME/project/name2.jar"
java -cp $CLASSPATH ...
--8<---------:- snip -:---------8<---------:- snip -:---------8<--

Instead use something like this:

--8<---------:- snip -:---------8<---------:- snip -:---------8<--
NAME1=$HOME/project/name1.jar
NAME2=$HOME/project/name2.jar

[ -r /etc/app.classpath ] && source /etc/app.classpath
export CLASSPATH="$NAME1:$NAME2"
java -cp $CLASSPATH ...

Or simple wait until we have sorted the issue out and use the agreed
upon way. :)

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net