Re: Packaging java program - questions (dependencies on j2, jboss story)

On 9 May 2002, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:

> If no - then the dependencies of ArgoUML won't be fulfiled in Debian.
> Will it prevent the package from entering contrib section?

Packages on contrib are free, but depend on non-free packages, either in
contrib, or outside of debian.

> I know that JBoss is being packages. As IANAL - is the license free
> enough to allow jboss in main, non-free at least? (Of course I assume
> that Sun will change it's licensing model as promised after Apache Group
> letter)

No, jboss will go in contrib.

> Is JBoss complete implementation of the libraries and virtual machine?
> Will it allow java programs from contrib to enter main?

JBoss is not a virtual machine.  It's just another java program, like all the
others.

I suggest you go find out what jboss really is.