Re: [Debian unstable] Errors starting tomcat

Mariano García wrote:

# /usr/share/tomcat4/bin/startup.sh

This is not the Debian start script, please use /etc/init.d/tomcat4 instead. You need to set some variables first if you want to use startup.sh.

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat4

This needs to be set to /var/lib/tomcat4.

It seems that the directory '/usr/share/tomcat4/logs' doesn't exist. Is
this a bug problem? Or maybe I have to reinstall tomcat (in order to
create the link), or maybe I have to create the link.

The link has been removed. There are some problems with Tomcat following symlinks, so I have decided to use CATALINA_BASE instead of symlinks.

Stefan