Re: ANN: Jetty package on mentors.debian.net

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:39:37PM +0200, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Philipp Meier wrote:
>
> >I'd just wanted to let you know, that there is now a jetty package on
> >mentors.debian.net. Please feel free test the package. If there is
> >positive feedback I will look to make jetty go into debian, soon.
>
> I just took a look at the diff.gz and it looks very good. Well done!
>
> Just some minor issues:
>
> - Build dependencies on libmx4j-java and liblog4j-java are missing.
>   You are using mx4j.jar and log4j-core.jar in debian/rules.

Hmmm, I tought that a runtime dependency would imply a build time
dependency which is rubbish, of course.

> - debian/jetty.init contains a comment about "Tomcat 4" before
>   JETTY_USER. ;-)

There you got me. I actually stole the ancestor of the file from a
production machine of ours already containing the "Tomcat 4" note ;-)

> - debian/jetty.xml: Isn't it insecure to use a hard-coded password for
>   the SSL listener on port 8443?

Actually the SSL config is not used and serves as a template only. I did
not use Jetty with ssl yet.

> - You are not using /usr/share/java/webapps, are you?

Jetty's own demo webapps are installed into /usr/share/jetty/webapps. I
will look into adding /usr/share/java/webapps to the default
configuration.

> BTW, it's a very good idea to use "-propertyfile debian/ant.properties"
> for Ant. I'll use this for my own packages in the future.
> "/etc/init.d/jetty check" is also a good idea.

At least an prove why it's good to define small grained properties in
your ant file. The addition of the debian build files was highly
unintruding.

New package version on the way.

-billy.

--
Meisterbohne   Meisterbohne GbR, Küfner, Mekle, Meier   Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eLösungen   Söflinger Straße 100                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9