Japanese-capable Lyx

Hello all,

I am trying to install some version of Lyx that allows for Japanese text. I
have an x86 Debian machine and the following sources.list

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://www.jp.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://www.jp.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://www.debian.or.jp/debian-jp potato-jp main contrib non-free

I am running XFree86 version 4 (from unstable)

1-When I try to install lyx-ja the problem I have is that lyx-ja depends on
xpm4g. xpm4g conflicts with xlibs (note: I looked into xlibs 4.0.2-1 and it
already provides libxpm4, I suppose this is why it conflicts). The core of
of XFree86 depends on xlibs. Installing lyx-ja would imply uninstalling
Xfree86 4

2-I tried lyx-cjk that doesn't conflict with xlibs but after installation it
doesn't run. The error message that I get is:
lyx: hanout.c:254: choose_hangul_font_name: Assertion
`XFontsOfFontSet(fontset, &fn_st, &fn_name) > 1' failed.

I would appreciate your help on:

1-Does lyx-ja really need xpm4g or is is possible to run it with xlibs
4.0.2-1 (or greater)?
2-Is there some way to tell lyx-cjk to ignore the problem of not having
Hangul fonts? (better) or some specific Hangul font that I should install to
get it running? (not so good but acceptable)

Probably I should file a report in some BTS. For packages that are in
debian.or.jp but not in debian.org, where should I report bugs?

Best regards and happy new year

Eusebio
エウセビオ

みなさん、新千年紀明けましておめでとうございます。この新千年紀もどうぞよろし