Re: How to setup a PPPoE Server?

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> machine...  Memory and CPU spead is no problem, but  finding  a  machine
> with two 10 GE ports...  The Sun Fire X4100M2 would be enough,  but  can
> not have Dual 10 GE and has of course only a singep PSU and not redunant

Wel, it is trivial to get redundant PSUs, LOTS of ECC RAM and CPU power, and
two 10GBE interfaces in 1U rack space, if you go Intel.  Supermicro has them
cheap, Dell and IBM have them less cheap.

And it will run FreeBSD a lot easier than a Sun Fire, I think (but I never
tried to get FreeBSD running on Sun hardware).

  Henrique Holschuh