Re: Web Admin Interface for ISP (WaveLAN)

Gavin Westwood wrote:
On 27/02/09 14:23, randall wrote:
Michelle Konzack wrote:
<snip>
and the WHOLE administration should be done over a Web-Admin-interface
in which we need:
<snip>
have been looking myself for some sort of hosting panel a while ago, the one that i found most appealing (meaning not totally suck) was gnupanel

I'd not heard of that one. When I was looking I wasn't satisfied with any that I saw, either due to the dependencies not matching my preferences, or looking awful.
its debian only, so at least it will get its dependencies straight.

<snip>
D) it offers the client to "click install" some CMS for there website like joomla wordpress etc... if you would add poweradmin i think you could also let them manage there own DNS and stuff.

I use SMBind <http://sourceforge.net/projects/smbind>, which I modified somewhat and might be good to integrate into such an ISP control panel as described (although looking quickly at PowerAdmin <http://www.poweradmin.org>, that might be good for someone wanting to start off with a simpler DNS setup, or who already has PowerDNS)...
i used smbind on someones recommendation on this list before and its nice and simple, the reason for suggesting poweradmin would be in case you wanted it to hook up with gnupanel, it uses powerdns internally already so that should smooth things a little in the administration part.

NOTE!!! i must admit though that i personally never really used gnupanel, powerdns or poweradmin except for a some testing setup, planning to finish it still, but it seemed as the most complete setup at that time meeting my requirements.

main problem in my experience when i looked for something similar is that you would need to build your own from scratch or glue the available bits and pieces together, but i think that was your conclusion as well .

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts