Re: Sendmail Log Analysis

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Glenn Hocking wrote:
> I'm looking for a good modern sendmail analysis package.

Debian/stable has:

$ apt-cache search sendmail | grep log
anteater - MTA log analyser written 100% in C++
isoqlog - Mail Transport Agent log analysis program
lire - full-featured log analyzer and report generator

> I can find that might come close in Debian is isoqlog, but it doesn't seem
> to track smtp-auth login users. Just sender/receiver email address, which is
> useless if the sender address is forged. Any thoughts?

I don't know the format of the smtp-auth logfiles, but I'd guess some
grep(1) magic would do the trick as well.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #231:

We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill.