Re: exim4 for virtual domains

That is exactly what I am after. I don't want to create real users, and don't expect to be handling any significant amount of mail (ten domains, three addresses each, or so), with 10% being mailboxes at most.

Are you able to suggest a configuration that would make that happen?

I wasn't on the list for the first part of this discussion, but a quick perusal of the archives suggest that noone has yet suggested the use of Courier:

   http://www.courier-mta.org/

I use it to do exactly what you describe. I would be glad to provide the specific details if you might be interested in a Courier approach.

Charles