Re: What stripe size for mail server?

I would say that RAID 5 is probably overkill for a mail queue.  Unless ur
mail queue is running hundreds of gigabytes and overloading a single disk, a
normal single hard drive is sufficient.  Based on ur graph it looks like ur
queue is under half a gig. If you want redundancy for the mail queue then a
RAID 1 (mirroring) will give u everything u need.  RAID 5 is for extremely
high usage like large file servers and stuff.  Adding RAM to beef up the
file cache can give u a significant speedup (Ur entire queue can be RAM
cache).  If u still need RAID 5 then I would make the stripe size equal to
average file size / number of data disks up to no more than 32KB stripe.