Re: Apache umask

Jacob S. wrote:

By default, when a file is uploaded via a php script or anything else
through apache, it has permissions of 644. I would like this to be 640.

I know php has a umask and a chmod function that could help with this,
but this only fixes it for scripts that use php. Isn't there a way to
change the default umask for the www-data user?

Any tips for where to look or what to change would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,
Jacob

If I'm not mistaking you could set the sticky bit to the directory Apache is uploading in. That way all files will always get the mode you set. chmod 1640 <dir>

-Patrick