Re: Advice on remote kernel changes?

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 02:34:53PM +0100, Peter Holm wrote:
> I was looking for a "boot kernel-new only once, next time boot old
> kernel", that could help, but I did not found this? Any ideas?

That bit's the easy bit.

You set up lilo with your new kernel but don't make it the default.

then use lilo -R <new kernel name> to get lilo to boot the new kernel
the next time it boots (it does this only once, if you reboot again
it'll pick your old kernel)

If everything goes to plan, set your new kernel as teh default and rerun
lilo so that next reboot will work with the new kernel.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited