Re: Courier MTA

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 06:53:25PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Andrew Miehs <andrew@jinx.de> [2003.03.24.1626 +0100]:
> > Have had a look at this, but cyrus supports sasl2 and postfix sasl1.
>
> so backport postfix from testing.

Hi Martin!

The reason I use packages is that its easier to deal with when security
problems occur... The maintainers do a great job maintaing the stable
packages, and I can just use apt-get, and bingo, Im safe (relatively) again.

If I start using 'TEST' or 'UNSTABLE' packages, I end up with all sorts of
dependancies to other packages that I dont want to upgrade, last time I tried
this it included glibc.

Before I start using 'TEST' I feel that I am better off compiling everything
myself, with the settings that I want... but as mail on this server is not a
functionality from which I make money, I don't want to spend a lot of time
maintaining it.

Therefore the only real solution I see now, to stay with woody packages is
that I use a shell script to build the other files based on courier's
userdb format....

This still doesn't answer the question,

  Does any one use courier-mta? any comments?
  Why does courier-mta not seem to make use of the userdb for local delivery..
  or am I just to stupid to configure courier-mta correctly....

Thanks

Andrew