Re: VPN

Ciao Samuele,
I've tried both ssh and ipsec.
SSH+PPPD is quite easy to set up and works just fine but has sometimes some minor problems with the connection link not being taken down. IPSec+FreeS/wan is (maybe) a cleaner solution but has some strong requirements you should take into considration. Imho pptpd should be avoided at all: i run it only to communicate with an adsl modem (so i don't have any real life experience) and i'm not really happy with it. Moreover it seems to be less reliable then the above.

Samuele wrote:
	Hi there.
I have to set up a VPN service on some Debian (woody) servers, and since I
have no experienced with this I am searching for advices and hints about
the best implementation among:

	. SSH + PPPD (as explained in the VPN HOWTO)
	. IPSec + FreeSwan (which seems to be more secure)
	. OpenVPN
	. tinc
	. pptpd

Suggestions and advices are welcome.