ftp (with virtual users + quota support) and dns servers ; software for logfile analysis and tmp cleanup ; mysql 4.0

hi all,

since we'll be using woody on our servers (finally moving away from red hat)
i've got a couple of questions:

1. currently we've for each ftp user 1 account on the box (disabled). using
vsftpd we could archive a real virtual user solution. i just have 1 question
regarding this: is it possible to implement a quota on a user base ? like
user mike has 20 MB and user markus 100 MB ?

2. we're using bind currently. looking back at bind's security history i'd
like to stay away from it if possible. which dns server would you recommend?
main points are on performance and security.

3. it would be nice to have something like logwatch (www.logwatch.org) in
the debian system. logwatch analyses system logfiles and sends a report
daily ... it doesn't need to be handled by 1 program  ... it could be split
up into several ones. recommendations?

4. which software do you use to clean up /tmp ?

5. anybody using mysql 4.0 already in a production server and could give a
little bit of feedback about it?

thanks in advance for any useful response :-)

greetings,

markus