Re: ftp (with virtual users + quota support) and dns servers ; software for logfile analysis and tmp cleanup ; mysql 4.0

We are using bind since long time and we did not have any probs with that. The bugfixes for the most systemservices are realy quick available for debian imho.

Okay so we will go for BIND. However I'd like to see BIND chrooted as default in debian or at least have an easy option to. I think I'll contact the package maintainer :-)

rm? - /tmp is wipe at boottime .. maybe this is enought for you (depending on how often your server are rebooted) ;)

We will be rebooting (if at all) once a year!

Do you realy wonna use it? ;)

I'm setting up a central database server and it'll do good in performance. Also I will be using the binaries provided by the MySQL AB anyways and chroot it also ... (and write a chrooting guide also btw).

Maybe my response was usefull. (=

sure it was :-)

Greetings,

Markus