Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:02, Jason Lim wrote:
> As I said in a previous email:
>
> -------------------------
> It was once said that it is better to let off 10 criminals than to put 1
> innocent man in jail.
>
> You, on the other hand, suggest it is better to put 10 innocent men in
> jail for 1 criminal.
>
> Interesting thought.
> -------------------------

That only applies for criminal law where guilt has to be proven "beyond
reasonable doubt".

In civil law it's the "balance of probabilities", so if it's "most likely"
that you did it then you'll be punished.

If you sue a group of 10 people who are associated and you can prove that you
have a valid case against at least 9 of them (and not one of them can prove
themselves to be less guilty than the rest), then it's most likely that
you'll get a judgement against all 10 of them.

Having your email blocked by an anti-spam service does not compare to being
locked in a cell with a group of sex-starved bikers...  It doesn't even
compare with the penalties you may face under civil law if you get sued.