pdnsd/diald problem

Hi all,

Following your advices for setting up a mailserver one of the
replies was to set up a dns-server first, pdnsd to be more specific.

Trying so it won't dial in correctly.

I run pppd on the dial-up server for the connection to my ISP. Works fine.
I run daild on this server because I want to bring down my connection after
10 mins. idle. (I'm served a dynamic IP-address). When my LAN has an internet-
question it has to be brought back-up again. This works OK too.

However: pdnsd gives me some trouble:

Configuration pdnsd:
resolv.conf:
127.0.0.1

pdnsd.conf:
global {
server_ip="127.0.0.1"
}
server {
ip="xxx.xx.xx.xx"; #first ISP DNS-server
timeout=30;
interval=onquery;
uptest=diald;
device="ttyS0";
interface="ppp0";
purge_cache=off;
lean_query=on;
proxy_only=on;
}
______

diald -f /var/cache/options.provider servers internet-requests.

The problem is that, when I put forward a internet-request from one
of the other servers on the LAN, the dial-up server makes the connection,
but the other server won't see it.
if you drop the request and ask it again (while the connection is still there)
the request is resolved.
But why it doen't work the first time.

should I use uptest=if instead. (makes no difference!)

Anybody an idea?

Thanx in advance,
Frank.