Re: zebra and bgp4

Hi,

We were using all debian potato with zebra as router for an ISP, it was
working fine, with full BGP table, all peers were cisco boxes and we
never experience problem.
The debian/zebra box support very well a lot of traffic, it learn the
full bgp tablme faster than a cisco and you got all the robustness of
debian.
The only problem we had was with the eepro100 ethernet nic.
Actually all the debian box were changed for cisco 7507 and 7206,
because we have a new network team that don't know linux and because the
'head' of he company decide to migrate to cisco.
So i can pretend that debian/zebra box work as well (even better to my
opinion) as cisco box.

Youri

"Fabrice Lorrain (home)" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How well does zebra get interfaced with cisco routers (using bgp4) ?
>
> Any of you've done some bench and/or comparison in performance for
> a debian box + zebra + 2 fast ethernet NIC compared to an equivalent
> config with a cisco (3600 + 2 fast ethernet NIC for ex) ?
>
> Thank's for the answers.
>
>         Fab
>
> --

        \\\\\////