Re: RCS control for config files

On Tue, 02 Jul 2002, Robert Waldner wrote:

> On 01 Jul 2002 16:41:25 CDT, Alex Borges writes:
> >Ive finnaly come to a point where i think im needing revision control
> >for my configuration files on some servers....
> >
> >So i thought id come in and ask you guys if there is some vertical stuff
> >explicitly for this purpose or if you yourselves simply cvs ci your /etc
> >directory et all..
> >
> >Or any tips would be appreciated (like "i use emacs and rcs...works for
> >me")
>
> :) waldner@beren->~ $ cat `which rcsvi`
> #!/bin/sh
>
> /usr/bin/co -l $1 && /usr/bin/vi $1 ; /usr/bin/ci -u $1
>
> exit

Here the luxus version:

weasel@marvin:~$ cat `which rvi`
#!/bin/sh

co -l $1
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
        echo "Check out failed."
        echo "Maybe someone else is currently editing this file."
        echo "Aborting rvi."
        exit 1
fi
/usr/bin/rvim $1
ci -u $1

					yours,
					peter

    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal