Re: User mode linux...

<quote who="J">

> 	Does anyone try the User Mode Linux to do virtual hosting? Is the UML
> enought secure for this? In the web page said that virtual hosting is posible
> but he doesn't know of anyone who's doing this...

When I described doing this as "batshit insane" at linux.conf.au earlier
this year, Jeff Dike smiled and nodded. :) I wasn't expecting him to pick up
the Australian lingo, but I think he had a fair idea of what I was saying.

You're honestly better off running simple chrooted systems or something like
that. UML is great for various things (such as kickarse kernel debugging),
but at this stage, it's not ready for doing something like this. Really CPU
intensive.

- Jeff

--
   She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had already lost
                                    it.