Maildir with indixes

Hello

Does anybody knows a Maildir variant that supports index databases to
allow faster searching for e.g. subject/to/from headers?

I'm looking for a way to store my old mail and archives and maildir seems
to be the best fitting to search with grep/find but an index e.g.
a berkeley db2 file that is in addition to the normal files would be
better while staying compatible to "normal" maildir usage with mutt.

bye,

    -christian-

--
One of the main causes of the fall of the roman empire was that, lacking zero,
they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.