Re: My ISP Proxy and ipchains

At 13:00 27.1.2001, you wrote:
Antti

this is not normall ip chains behavior.  You should have full use of
services from your local network if your gateway box is setup correctly.

ipchains on this box should have a forwarding rule along the lines of
ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ

Well, I have following and it works just fine:

IPCHAINS -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d $Any -i eth0 -j MASQ

I have Nokia M1122 ADSL router.

changing the "ppp0" for the adsl interface name (gateway interface)

The other thing to do is enable ip forwarding in networking setup .

-Matt

Has been done long time. Masq doens't work without it.
Far as I can tell, everything works just fine with Masq, except
problem with Proxy and with some forms that send information.

It is not browser problem because Netscape and IE both have it.
With previous ISP who had transparent proxy, problem didn't exist.

But like I said, proxy it works without Masq just fine, so I'm not
pointing to ISP yet.

Antti