FTP-based Debian install

I have been reading through the Debian install documentation, but I can't
find any reference to a FTP- or HTTP-based base set installs. But also
read a posting indicating FTP-based installations. Plus, I see that Storm
Linux (based on Debian) offers a FTP-based installation.

I don't want to use numerous (more than two) floppies.

Does Debian offer a FTP-based installation for the base sets? (Using a
boot floppy to boot the installer and then using FTP to fetch all the base
sets?)

(And if so, where is this documented?)

Also, if I decide to use Storm -- how much different is it from plain
Debian?

(I've installed Debian numerous times using floppies for all the base
sets; I haven't used a recent installer, because I've just upgraded via
apt-get.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
     ISP-FAQ.com -- find answers to your questions
     http://www.isp-faq.com/