dhcpd providing hostname to clients from dns?

I've added "get-lease-hostnames" to the dhcpd config file, but at the
client, dhcpcd running with the "-HD" flags reports "hostName option is
missing in DHCP server response", and the system ends up using the
default hostname specified in /etc/hostname at startup.

There aren't any error messages reported when dhcpd starts up, and it
looks like it's doing DNS lookups for the assigned range (when I had
addresses in the range that didn't have DNS entries, it complained
about that).

I must be missing something in the configuration.  What do I need to do
to have the client take on the hostname that matches the IP address
assigned by dhcpd?

Thanks,

John Ackermann
jra@febo.com