Spam protection, was: Re: mail sorting tool

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 03:29:22PM +0100, Robert Waldner wrote:
> The only problem with a setup like this is, that it´s exploitable by
> spammers, as they can set whatever they wnat in To: or Bcc: and deliver
> it into the box, the local mailer only sees the mails coming from
> localhost and will usually happily deliver them all (but, hey, that´s

imho protecting a customer using such a setup would require to
strip some headers. Do you do that, or how do you solve this
problem? Imho the customer needs to properly adjust his fetchmail
settings in order to prevent this. I don't exactly see now what
I could do to help him there.
Fwiw, our own servers passed the "ORBS test" last I looked...

Best Regards,
--Toni++